[Idle-dev] Guilherme Polo changes lost?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Sep 15 00:46:57 CEST 2013

On 9/14/2013 4:14 PM, Bruce Sherwood wrote:

> Terry Reedy made this comment on part of my recent testing:
>
>  > There were no detailed options for Run options
>
>     introduced by Guilleherme Polo (If file has never been saved, Prompt to
>     Save or No prompt; If file has been saved before Prompt to Save or no
>     prompt; On first error Bring shell forward or Do nothing).
>

> I do not know what this is about. I presume you are talking about a
> proposed patch that has not been applied here. I do not remember seeing
> it. I looked for an issue but could not find one.
>
> -----------------------------
>
> This is very worrisome, as these important features were part of what
> Guilherme Polo created in his Google Summer of Code project in 2009, and
> among the important reasons why I still feel it necessary to bundle
> VIDLE with VPython. I'm copying Guilherme in the hope that he can shed
> light on this.

'gpolo' has opened 55 issues; 4 marked for Idle. Possibly more are for
Idle but not so marked. Feel free to check and inform me (put me on the
nosy list if not already and say 'This is an Idle issue' on the issue).
Most of the rest are, I believe, for tkinter. Of the Idle issues, 3 are
closed. The 1 open issue appears to be one of the things you mention above.

http://bugs.python.org/issue6699
IDLE: Warn user about overwriting a file that has a newer version.

If Roger thinks it OK, he can apply it, or I will look at it eventually.

--
Terry Jan Reedy