[Idle-dev] KeyConfig, KeyBinding and other related issues.

Saimadhav Heblikar saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 13:53:29 CEST 2014

Hi,
I followed the above direction and made some progress.
Lib/tkinter/__init__.py Line 998, gives some more info on the syntax
for keysequence.

https://gist.github.com/sahutd/289d2297eb83a020a6dd#file-test-keyseq-v2-diff.
It only covers a few exceptions. I am posting this early, before I am
far away in the wrong direction.

Also, is the key_ok method intended as a replacement for the existing
KeysOk method? Or are both going to exist?

On 14 June 2014 15:46, Tal Einat <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote:

> To give a bit more direction on the implementation, the steps for the
> parsing function should be roughly:
>
> 1) basic parsing: remove '<' and '>' and ends and split by '-'
> 2) group parts into the three groups while checking that they are
> valid (not empty, etc.)

Grouping required a single line of regex.
pat = '^<(?P<modifiers>(({modifier})-){{0,3}})(({type})-)?({detail})>$'.format(modifier=modifier_regex,type=type_regex,
detail=detail_regex)

> 3) return the groups
>
> Each step should give an informative message if an error is encountered.

For the above point, should key_ok method raise an error or return
False or display a tkMessageBox ?

--
Regards
Saimadhav Heblikar