[Idle-dev] picking up some IDLE bugs

Sean Felipe Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:40:53 CET 2014

Hello all,

I'm setting aside some time each week to pick up some issues from the
queue and help out.I thought I'd start by working some issues that
need testing. Good news is, I have access to osx, linux and windows 7
as well, so I should be able to provide a broad testing environment.

I'm wondering, as new features are developed, tested, and approved,
which release do they end up in for implementation? Do new features
always go to the next pending release ... which as of now is 3.4, yes?

I'm getting started with this one:
http://bugs.python.org/issue694339  IDLE: Dedenting with Shift+Tab

Seems like a useful feature and I've wanted it myself for a while.

Second question -- how do we determine when an issue has sufficient
testing and is ready for release? Do we discuss it here or on the bug
tracker and take it on a case by case basis?

Also, would it be ok to add a 'test-windows' type keyword to issues
which are waiting for a windows test? Does keywords act as a 'tag'
type functionality?

Thanks!

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.