[Idle-dev] GSOC 2014

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue May 6 20:57:32 CEST 2014

On 1/26/2014 2:56 PM, Asish Panda wrote:

This apparently got stuck in the moderation queue, and while this is
obsolete in respect to GSOC 2014 selection, I will give answers where
relevant.

> My first question is whether the project list of 2013 is still
> applicable for gsoc 2014.

Not as written. The lists were updated after this was sent. The 2014
lists will not be applicable for 2015 until updated next January.

> Secondly is it necessary to send a patch related to IDLE that is only
> listed in issue tracker? For example if I want to display line number in
> Editor Window in the left side (similar to gedit in Ubuntu) but it is
> not considered an issue in the issue tracker. Will it be considered a
> legit patch, if I send a patch implementing the line numbers?

1. Without an issue, there is no proper place to send a patch.
2. I believe there was an issue for this, but I cannot find it. Search
is partly broken.
3. One can create new issues, or ask about creating a new issue.

> My third question is, can I again send a patch for a bug that already
> has been resolved?

This is generally not useful.

--
Terry Jan Reedy