[Idle-dev] moving IDLE forward (was Re: IDLE in UK Schools)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Aug 7 22:20:38 CEST 2015

I am leaving for a few days, with internet access iffy, but I want to
mention that I like the idea of adding a turtle output window to Idle.
We already have most of the needed pieces in turtledemo (which I helped
revise a year ago). It can be run either from Idle's Help menu or with
'python -m turtledemo'.  Replace the read-only text window with an
editor window (or notebook), add a mini shell under for print() output,
and the result would be close to the mockup Chris showed.

--
Terry Jan Reedy