[Idle-dev] pending changes

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Thu Oct 22 12:25:43 EDT 2015

A few incremental issues still to be reviewed/integrated:

24455 (fix-mainloop2.patch) fix debugger crash caused by nested main loops
25313 (missingtheme.patch) isolate code to default to ‘idle classic’ on missing theme in one place
24750 (mainwin3.patch) correct visual inconsistencies in editor window (most jarring and noticeable on mac)

As my last message regarding integration plans for the broader changes (ttk integration, various redesigns, etc.) landed with a resounding thud, let me ask a simpler question:

	Can we begin to start checking in these changes into a non-shipping branch (e.g. 3.6), and when those changes reach a “good enough feature complete” point they are ported en masse to shipping branch(es)?

As a reminder, a running snapshot with these improvements can be found at https://github.com/roseman/idle <https://github.com/roseman/idle>

Mark