[Idle-dev] About IDLE vs IDLE Help

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jun 6 15:45:45 EDT 2017

Paulo, idle-dev normally requires a subscription to post, and you will
need to subscribe should you with to respond on the list.  But because
this is timely, and wanted to respond, I passed it through the
moderation gateway.

On 4/15/2017 6:46 PM, Paulo Portela wrote:
> Team of IDLE,
>
>   First of all thanks for the effort of doing this tool.
>
>   On the Mac, when clicking “About IDLE”, it is written:
>   “Python’s Integrated DeveLopment Environment”

Yes, this is the original awkward 'acronym'.

>   But when click on "IDLE Help” it is written:
>   “IDLE is Python’s Integrated Development and Learning Environment”

I suggested this improvement on this list in August or September 2015,
and Guido agreed.  I change IDLE Help and the StackOverflow python-idle
tag description, but did not finish.

>   In my opinion, it should be the last definition on both places (About IDLE and IDLE Help).

I agree; I just got an idle-dev admin password and the first things I
did were to release your post and change the web page intro.  I am
currently working on About IDLE and this will be the first change to the
prose section above the buttons.

--
Terry Jan Reedy