[Idle-dev] Retina Icons

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Mar 7 21:37:04 EST 2019

On 3/7/2019 2:22 PM, Branch Seidenman via IDLE-dev wrote:
> Hi! I saw this issue is moving along. Glad to see that.

The fix for https://bugs.python.org/issue32129 (now closed) was to stop
replacing the IDLE app icon with the low-resolution title-bar icon.
This Mac-only replacement was never intended.

> One more request: the Python Launcher (rocket ship icon, installed with IDLE) also is missing High-Res Icons.

The launcher is independent from IDLE.  This request should be a new
idea on python-idea or issue on bugs.python.org.

>> On Jan 26, 2019, at 6:57 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On 1/24/2019 7:58 PM, Branch Seidenman via IDLE-dev wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> The icon for IDLE and Python Launcher look really bad on Retina Macs, and the Python folder doesn’t look so hot either. See attached image. Would it be possible to add the correct icon sizes to the app to make it look better? I put below Apple’s recommendations for icon sizes.
>>> 1024px × 1024px
>>> 512px × 512px
>>> 256px × 256px
>>> 128px × 128px