[Idle-dev] Forking Idle - translating menus, etc.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 24 22:06:15 EDT 2019

On 5/24/2019 5:11 PM, Andre Roberge wrote:

>     Zoom Height used to be checked or not, but Cheryl Sabella and I changed
>     it to switch between 'Zoom' and 'Restore'.
>
> Restore Height does not work here (Python 3.7.3, 32 bit, on Windows 10).

I just checked and for me it works (as documented) by restoring to the
default (rather than to the previous size).  Did you not get some
reduction from max?  I admit that this can be initially surprising.  I
believe the behavior is original.  A menu hint would be helpful here.

I opened https://bugs.python.org/issue37039 to polish the doc.