[Idle-dev] Forking Idle - translating menus, etc.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat May 25 12:35:00 EDT 2019

On 5/25/2019 5:48 AM, Andre Roberge wrote:

> I've uploaded a short video (no sound; wmv file - I could embed an mp4
> in an html file if it would be preferable) showing the behaviour.
> http://reeborg.ca/idle-restore-problem.wmv

You or your site provider need to fix something.  Both Firefox and Edge
refuse to open that URL.  Edge says something about a bogus security
certificate.  Perhaps not coicidentally, my system crashed with a blue
screen, for the first time in months, about a minute after.

> When I click on Zoom Height, the status bar is hidden.

I know about that bug.

>  Clicking on
> Restore Height (which I attempted to do twice in that video) does
> absolutely nothing. I expected it to toggle i.e. switch back to the
> height it had when I started Idle (so that I could easily see the status
> bar).

I will believe this without the video.  I would be equally puzzled
either way.  This discussion should go to
https://bugs.python.org/issue37039
I added you as nosy to the issue and made a suggestion.

> At the beginning of the video, I show my screen resolution and related
> parameters as perhaps this might be relevant.

Hard to guess.

--
Terry Jan Reedy