[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Selective reads with PIL

Joel Shprentz shprentz@bdm.com
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 18:43:17 -0400

At 05:17 PM 5/23/96 +0200, Fredrik Lundh (Fredrik_Lundh@ivab.se) wrote:

>*** Changes from release 0.1b1 ***
>
>+ Added support for yet another file format: PhotoCD (PCD) images.  The
>  base resolution (768x512) can be read from a PhotoCD file.

I've been experimenting with the PIL 0.1 release.

Now I'm looking ahead to an application that uses PhotoCD images.  I would
like to be able to read any of the five resolutions from a PhotoCD file.
The change announcement states only that the base resolution will be readable.

Similar problems arise with other multi-resolution formats and with formats
that encode multiple images in one file.

Given PIL's excellent architecture, where is the appropriate place to specify
which resolution or image should be read?
--
Joel Shprentz              (202) 863-3487
BDM Federal, Inc.          shprentz@bdm.com

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org