[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Selective reads with PIL

Joel Shprentz shprentz@bdm.com
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 18:43:17 -0400

At 05:17 PM 5/23/96 +0200, Fredrik Lundh (Fredrik_Lundh@ivab.se) wrote:

>*** Changes from release 0.1b1 ***
>+ Added support for yet another file format: PhotoCD (PCD) images.  The
>  base resolution (768x512) can be read from a PhotoCD file.

I've been experimenting with the PIL 0.1 release.

Now I'm looking ahead to an application that uses PhotoCD images.  I would
like to be able to read any of the five resolutions from a PhotoCD file.
The change announcement states only that the base resolution will be readable.

Similar problems arise with other multi-resolution formats and with formats
that encode multiple images in one file.

Given PIL's excellent architecture, where is the appropriate place to specify
which resolution or image should be read?
Joel Shprentz              (202) 863-3487
BDM Federal, Inc.          shprentz@bdm.com
1501 BDM Way
McLean, VA 22102

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org