[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] The PIL library -- specification for release 0.1

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 16:30:22 +0100

I think we should try to integrate the functionality of img and the
functionality of pil. The parts of img that I am rather fond of
are:
- the imgformat specifiers, which tell you everything about the
  incore image and pixel format (pixel type, #components,
  bits/component, row stride, orientation, etc) in a handy form
- the stackability of readers/converters, which allows the package to
  automatically convert an image to a format that is handy to your
  program for displaying or manipulating.

Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org