[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Tkinter, Tk image display problems

admitted admitted@netspace.org
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 22:55:23 -0500

I am trying to manipulate image files (GIFS, JPEGS, TIFFs, etc.) in
Python using Tkinter and the PIL.  However, the files that are displayed
on the screen are not in the exact colors that they should be.  When
using xv on the same files, the images displayed using PIL and Tkinter
are of much lower quality than those displayed by xv.  I've been told
that this is a problem with the way Tk interacts with X where it alters
the colormap a little bit.  Is this the problem?  Is Sun working on a
fix for it?  Are there any ways I can go around this problem?  Or are
there file formats that Tk displays correctly?  I would appreciate any
help.

Thanks.

Tom Lukasiak
admitted@netsapce.org

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org