[IMAGE-SIG] [Q] GIF as string

Case Roole cjr@bound.xs4all.nl
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 19:07:30 +0100 (WET DST)

I'd like to put a string representation of a GIF - actually, the
PythonPowered logo - in a script. This is to be used to create a Tkinter
PhotoImage by calling PhotoImage(data=imagevar).

The image2py script in PIL seems to be just what I need, but PIL 0.2b4 seems
to be at odds with the transparant background of the GIF and my (Linux) system
seems to be at odds with PIL 0.3a1. (If this is still the case when I have
given the matter a better look, I'll of course send a report to this list.)

My question: is there an alternative way to convert a simple gif to a
string usable as data for the creation of a PhotoImage?

cjr

--
Case Roole <cjr@bound.xs4all.nl>

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org