[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] problems compiling PIL under Linux...

Fred L. Drake fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:38:28 -0500 (EST)

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> Antonio writes:
> > So my question is: how should I modify the Setup file of the
> > Imaging Library, to add it as a statically linked module to
> > a Python interpreter that was compiled at the directory
> > /home/internet/Python-1.4 ?
> >
> > Also, is there available anywhere a binary distribution for Linux ?
>
> I'm clueless.  Have anyone else done this under Linux?

  Not yet, but I do plan to be doing this soon.  I will post to this
list about anything special I have to do.  Statically building
extensions is not as trivial as dynamically building them, but usually
can be reduced to changes in the Modules/Setup file in the main Python
source tree (or Setup.local starting with 1.4).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fdrake@cnri.reston.va.us

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org