[IMAGE-SIG] Spatial histograms

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:22:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> There don't seem to be functions to compute spatial histograms of
> images.  For example, an X histogram is the same width as the image,
> and each element is the sum of all the colour values in the
> corresponding column; a Y histogram is all the values in each row
> added up.  I can't think of an efficient way to do this using PIL's
> existing primitives, so Frederik--would you have any objection to
> adding a function to do this if I implemented it?

Why not use NumPy instead?

> 	Another thing: I haven't written my image segmentation code
> yet, but suspect it'll wind up having to be written in C for speed.

Again, NumPy is probably the place to start -- or at least that's where
I'd start -- C is too much of a pain, and NumPy is faster than my C code
=).

--da

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org