[IMAGE-SIG] Spatial histograms

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:50:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> >Again, NumPy is probably the place to start -- or at least that's where
> >I'd start -- C is too much of a pain, and NumPy is faster than my C code
> >=).
>
> Now, if you tell me how to implement image segmentation with
> NumPy, I promise to make PIL a NumPy addon, rather than a
> separate library...

>From where I'm sitting, there are thousands of ways to do image
segmentation depending on your needs, how many PhD theses you're
willing to slog through, and how slow you want it to be. I can do
image segmentation in one line of NumPy, but you probably won't like the
result.

I agree that a clean NumPy/PIL interface would be nice.  I haven't had to
do much w/ PIL recently, though, so what's there might be good enough, I
don't know.

> On the other hand, I can probably talk PythonWare into releasing
> a stripped-down version of their segmentation module for public
> consumption ;-)

Sounds interesting...

--da

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org