[IMAGE-SIG] Editing pixels

Daniel C. Sokoloff dcs@lems.brown.edu
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:15:58 -0400

Hello, I was wondering if there is an easy way to change the values of
individual pixels in a PIL image.  I know it's possible to use
Image.point to change values, but I'm not sure how to change one pixel
to a different value.  Image.point forces me to make a mask of the
points I want to change first, then can place them back in the image,
and this also must be done band by band -- I could not get a lambda
function to use a tuple as a variable in it's expression.  The value of
a given pixel can be found (img.im[0] etc.), but the color is a three
tuple which is immutable.
	Does PIL support a single pixel changing operation, or are there just
expressions to evaluate on an image?

Thanks..
	Dan

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org