[IMAGE-SIG] convolution

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:58:27 +0200

MISS. K.L.COLLIER wrote:
>I would like to find the convolution of two images.
>I notice there is a convolve function but it is only 1D.
>There are 2D fft's but not an inverse 2d fft. How do I go about doing this?

Guess you're talking about NumPy -- PIL supports 2D convolutions, but
the current version only provides a number of predefined kernels (to be
fixed some day).  And are you sure there's no inverse FFT in NumPy?
I'm 98% sure I've seen people using it...

If noone here can answer this (David?), check with the folks on the
matrix-sig. After all, that's where you find the NumPy experts.

Cheers /F (image-sig organizer)

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org