[IMAGE-SIG] Bugs in PIL

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:54:03 +0200

>2) I got jpeg-6a and installed it
>
>3) JpegEncode.c and JpegDecode.c had compilation errors...
>
>   1) calls to macros GLOBAL and METHODDEF need their parameters in (),
e.g.,
>      GLOBAL void should be GLOBAL(void)

Yep, this is a change between 6 and 6a (no real changes affects
PIL's use of the JPEG library, so I've just been lazy...). In the 0.3a1
release, the README points this out (not sure about the 0.2 release),
but okay, I better update the code. It's just that libjpeg doesn't
build out of the box under Windows that has held me back.

>   2)METHODDEF is misspelt in JpegDecode.
>     Sorry I can't remember which one. I forgot to keep an original

Not in my copy ???

Cheers /F

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org