[IMAGE-SIG] Undocumented rawmode in PIL

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 00:56:10 -0400

  I was just working on my interface to the t1lib Type1 font
rasterizer, and determined (without RTFS!) that there is a rawmode
value "1;IR" which does both "1;I" and "1;R".  Fredrik, you might want
to document this, or at least that the flags after the semi-colon are
cumulative in some way, because this proved useful.
  Thanks for getting it right!  ;-)
  At the moment, the t1lib interface is ~1000 lines of (mostly
boilerplate) C, ~300 lines of Python to wrap a nice O-O model around
it, and less than 100 lines of Python to support integration with
PIL.  The two Python modules will probably grow a bit before I'm done,
and there's no documentation to speak of, but the C extension provides
a 1-to-1 correspondence with t1lib, excepting the X11 support (which I
still need to deal with, but mostly to prevent link failures when it's
there, since everyone would be expected to use the PIL interface).

Fred L. Drake, Jr.
1895 Preston White Drive
Reston, VA    20191-5434

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org