[IMAGE-SIG] Undocumented rawmode in PIL

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 00:56:10 -0400

  I was just working on my interface to the t1lib Type1 font
rasterizer, and determined (without RTFS!) that there is a rawmode
value "1;IR" which does both "1;I" and "1;R".  Fredrik, you might want
to document this, or at least that the flags after the semi-colon are
cumulative in some way, because this proved useful.
  Thanks for getting it right!  ;-)
  At the moment, the t1lib interface is ~1000 lines of (mostly
boilerplate) C, ~300 lines of Python to wrap a nice O-O model around
it, and less than 100 lines of Python to support integration with
PIL.  The two Python modules will probably grow a bit before I'm done,
and there's no documentation to speak of, but the C extension provides
a 1-to-1 correspondence with t1lib, excepting the X11 support (which I
still need to deal with, but mostly to prevent link failures when it's
there, since everyone would be expected to use the PIL interface).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
fdrake@cnri.reston.va.us

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org