[IMAGE-SIG] CDX python for writing games

David Ascher da@skivs.ski.org
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:48:17 -0800 (PST)

> 	Would anyone be interested in such a thing?  I was thinking that
> it might be nice to merge CDX (a nice interface to DirectX) into python.
> It would basically allow the use of DirectX from python... but since I'm
> new to python, I'm not very skilled at creating these kind of
> wrappers/modules yet. I'd like to be able to do full screen 640x480x256
> color (at least) with sprites, maps (made of tiles), load and save
> bitmaps, play sounds, play MIDI, etc. from python.  Sorry for the
> off-topic stuff... is there a general mailing list?

I haven't looked into CDX, but I do have an alpha version of an interface
to MGL, which provides very fast graphics on PC's.  Check
www.scitechsoft.com for info on MGL.  Email me for info on the Python
interface to it.

More to the point: yes, definitely, build an interface to CDX.  But first
read about SWIG (http://www.swig.org), it'll most likely save you weeks of
work.

--david

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org