[Image-SIG] PIL

David Ascher da@skivs.ski.org
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 19:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

F/ (Fredrik) claimed he was on vacation a couple of days ago, so he may
not see this for a little while.  I'll let him answer most of your
comments, but I thought I'd mention one thing re: fonts -- there is a
'pilfont' package at pythonware which is an improved version of ImageFont
and friends, which works just fine w/ BDF and PCF fonts (and stores them
in a bitmap as masks).  Fredrik and I have also talked about adding
Freetype support, which I use on the OpenGL side of things.  Apparently an
ex-colleague of F/'s has done a lot of that already but hasn't released
the code yet.  Anyway, font support in PIL is not a real issue.

Also, FYI, a new release is promised for tomorrow (Friday), which makes me
doubt F/'s claim of a vacation =).

--david