[Image-SIG] Re: Your wish is my command (long)

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:06:56 -0400 (EDT)

Fredrik Lundh writes:

Eric S. Raymond writes:
>That explains it.  ISO 12087 was probably composed in French.  I bet you
>that `band' is a literal translation of a French word by someone who didn't
>know what a connotative mess he was making.  Please don't propagate this
>error.

	If we're taking a vote, I quite agree; the usage of 'band'
seemed strange to me when I read the documentation, and I kept having
to substitute 'channel' for it.

>-def _showxv(self, title = None):
>+def _showxv(self, background=0, title=None):

	Better to exchange the two arguments in this patch; that won't
break any code which does X._showxv("foo.gif")

>Which brings up a question.  Why aren't docs included with the PIL
>distribution?  The only docs I've found are the (incomplete) PIL
>web pages.

	Fredrik, I'd be willing to help convert the docs to LaTeX if
that would be helpful.

>OK, what I'll do is put together pildriver for the next release.

	Bet that'll be misread as 'piledriver' a lot. :)

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
    "They never liked us, did they?"