[Image-SIG] more on ImageFont.

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:56:45 +0100

Anthony Baxter wrote:
>Ok, as of 0.3b1, I canna get ImageFont to do anything but error. I've tried
>regenerating the .pil font files, and I've even dug into the C source code
>(horrors).

As I've told Anthony in private mail, this is because we missed
a file when we added pilfont to the 0.3b1 release.  And by some
odd reason, the ImageDraw text method wasn't covered by PIL's
test suite...

Expect an 0.3b2 release any day soon (friday or saturday, most
likely), with the following changes:

    -- working font support
    -- YCbCr instead of YCrCb! (to avoid more headaches...)
    -- the "offset" method now works for GIF and IM images
    -- support for 16-bit PNG files (read/written as mode "I")

Cheers /F
fredrik@pythonware.com
http://www.pythonware.com