[Image-SIG] Integration with the main distribution

Lorenzo M. Catucci lorenzo@argon.roma2.infn.it
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:25:00 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all (and most dear /F),
	I see pil is some way starving from opal taking away the best
energies here, and still, I come with just another suggestion/request: as
a matter of fact, anytime we rebuild python's main set, we need to rebuild
a patched _tkinter too, and _tkinter.c gets references into PIL's
headers... Now, I think there should be a way to effectively decouple PIL
from the main distribution (or, really, build in plugs in the latter), so
that the standard _tkinter could be able to deal with PIL's images as soon
as you compile the PIL modules set, instead of forcing you to build and
install a new _tkinter anytime /F updates PIL. Any hope?

Eagerly waiting for a 0.4 release, with full tiff support, yours

lorenzo