[Image-SIG] Lost JPEG decoder

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:56:56 +0100

>Howdy!  I just installed PIL 0.3a4 on a FreeBSD system and am having
>problems getting the JPG decoder to work.  I installed the IJG KPEG library
>version 6b on the system already and it is located in
>/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a as well as /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.6.0 ...

When you build libImaging.a, make sure that the ./configure
script really managed to find your library

-- if it says "yes" when you run it, everything's fine (but I don't
   think it does)
-- if not, check the config.log file for details.  if you cannot work
   around this, you have to edit ImConfig.h by hand to enable JPEG
   support in libImaging

This doesn't require the JPEG library...

>'JPEG'
>(500, 339)
>'RGB'

but this one does: the raster data isn't read until you try to
do something with it...

>IOError: decoder jpeg not available

and this means that libImaging wasn't compiled with JPEG
support...

Cheers /F
fredrik@pythonware.com
http://www.pythonware.com