[Image-SIG] ann: pil 1.0 final

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 01:17:54 +0200

PIL 1.0 final is now available from:

    http://www.pythonware.com/

Changes since the beta include faster text rendering, support for
using PIL as a package, mechanisms to hook into a standard Tkinter
build, better GIF encoding, incremental image decoding, and various
bug fixes.  see the README and CHANGES files for the full story.

PIL 1.0 is (as before) shipped under a Python-style license, and can be
used without fee also in commercial projects.  However, we encourage
commercial users to support our development efforts by purchasing a
support package; for details, see:

    http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/support.htm

This announcement will be sent to a wider audience within a few days.
If you find any problems with the distribution (or the support package,
or whatever), please let us know as soon as possible.

regards,
the PIL development team