[Image-SIG] pixmap error

N.B.Price@exeter.ac.uk N.B.Price@exeter.ac.uk
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:00:12 +0100 (BST)

Heyho,

I'm a student and new to python, and I'm trying to learn some thing by using the PIL. I must say, to start with, that I'm finding both to be very groovy indeed.

One problem though; I've had this on several machines with verying version of python - Using PIL 1.0 and going through the installation steps under Linux, I can do everything in the compilation stages but when I try to import _imaging, I get an error saying that there's an undefined symbol XFreePixMap in the Tk lib. Is this something that should be obvious? I'd imagine so.. please point out to me as such :> If it's more obfuscated, well I'm sure there's a genius on this list somewhere :>

Many thanks,

-Nathan

--
|  Draco, The Cute & Sweet Copperdwaggin!  |