[Image-SIG] putpixel?

Jason Pratt pratt@andrew.cmu.edu
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 21:26:33 -0500 (EST)

Hello.  I'm just beginning to use PIL, and just subscribed to this list.
The first thing I wanted to use the library for seems like a very simple
thing to do, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

All I want to do is create a new image, start writing individual pixels to
it, and then save it out again.  I have no problem creating the new image
and saving it out, but I don't see how I can write to individual pixels
within the image.

The only solution I've seen is to create a new 1x1 Image of the
appropriate color for each pixel, and then paste that Image into my larger
Image.  This seems like a horribly inefficient hack, and I have to believe
there's a better way to do it.

putdata looked slightly promising, although it doesn't look designed for
writing individual pixels either, but it's not documented...

Suggestions?
Jason Pratt
pratt@andrew.cmu.edu