[Image-SIG] PIL 1.0b1 finally available for download

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:39:49 +0100

>  (1)  Is there documentation. I'm especially interested in
>       the bilinear/bicubic sampling.

Just pass Image.BILINEAR or Image.BICUBIC as an extra
argument to resize/rotate/transform.

The docs will be updated in 1.0 final (I'll post on the
site as soon as they are finished).

>  (2)  Is there a Windows/NT loader yet.  I have an NT
>       application which could benefit from the new version.

In a recent Image SIG mail, David Ascher <da@skivs.ski.org>
wrote:

    I have a .pyd of the PIL 1.0b1 with jpeg included if anyone is
    interested in avoiding the compilation process (and of course the
    tkImaging.dll mentioned above).  Also, you can have my VC5 directory
    if you want, but it'll require some tweaking depending on where you
    have other things.  Just email me.  [I use 1.5.2b1].

We'll release a new PY15 when both PIL and 1.5.2 goes final
(that is, within 30 days or so).

Cheers /F
fredrik@pythonware.com
http://www.pythonware.com