[Image-SIG] PNG writing bug

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 10:56:14 -0400

I'm beginning to suspect that this is a bug in zlib that trips when it
fills up its output buffer in one particular situation, perhaps
missing a byte somewhere.  The code in ZipEncode seems OK and hasn't
changed since 0.3b2; recompiling 0.3b2 with my current zlib library
also manifests the bug.  Changing Z_NO_FLUSH to Z_SYNC_FLUSH makes the
bug go away, as does making the output buffer so large that it never
fills up.  I'm trying to find older versions of zlib to figure out
what changed, but haven't succeeded yet.

"Everyone else got to read the Fatima prophecy... and all I got was this lousy
T-shirt." Thanks. I'll treasure it always.
    -- Mulder gets a Christmas gift from Scully in X-FILES #1