[Image-SIG] ImageDraw / ImageFont ... font conversion

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:27:25 +0100

> I can't seem to find the bdf2pil.py module mentioned
> in the documentation for converting Xwindows fonts
> to PIL format.

what documentation?  I thought I'd nuked all
references to bdf2pil...

anyway, the answer is "use pilfont.py"

> OR, is there a library of PIL formatted fonts already?

I'm not sure about the legal status of the X windows
fonts (if someone can sort that out for me, I'm per-
fectly willing to put a standard package somewhere
on our site).

if anyone has pointers to freely redistributable
fonts (or pilfont versions of them), please step
forward!

Cheers /F