[Image-SIG] ImageDraw / ImageFont ... font conversion

Wed, 03 Mar 1999 18:30:02 +1100

> > I can't seem to find the bdf2pil.py module mentioned
> > in the documentation for converting Xwindows fonts
> > to PIL format.
>
> what documentation?  I thought I'd nuked all
> references to bdf2pil...

given how often it keeps coming up, you should create a bdf2pil that
just says "use pilfont.py"

> I'm not sure about the legal status of the X windows
> fonts (if someone can sort that out for me, I'm per-
> fectly willing to put a standard package somewhere
> on our site).
>
> if anyone has pointers to freely redistributable
> fonts (or pilfont versions of them), please step
> forward!

There's stuff on www.gimp.org, under Resources -> Fonts.
I can't get to it right now (mmm network) but from memory
it had links to font packages, including a bunch of free
truetype and postscript fonts...

Anthony