[Image-SIG] Binary distribution of PIL 1.0

Kevin Cazabon KCAZA@cymbolic.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 15:42:46 -0800

I understand that there _IS_ commercial support available for PIL, and that
pre-compiled releases of the current version is probably a part of it, but is this
the only reason that a pre-compiled version of the _current_ release is not available
for either the Mac or the PC?

www.python.org is still showing 0.3 as the only one available, and 1.0b1 is the one
on pythonware.com.  Obviously, there's problems with both.  I hate to see everyone
have to go through the pains below to compile every new release when it could be
posted on either one of these sites rather easily.

Kevin Cazabon.

(and no, I haven't compiled them myself... I have enough bug hunting to do in my own
software!  )  q:]

>>> "Mark Hammond" <mhammond@skippinet.com.au> 11/01/99 03:18PM >>>
> Has anyone succesfully been able to compile PIL 1.0 final
> for Win95/NT? I just tried and failed...

I did.  It took me a complete day to get it working, and I had to make
a number of source changes (little #undefs etc).  An amazing PITA.  I
could send you _imaging.pyd if you like.

Mark.