[Image-SIG] Docs for decoder

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:50:50 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Alden Lavizzo wrote:

> Is there any documentation on writing a decoder?  I am writing a decoder
> that decompresses a special type of image and cannot find any help on how to
> do this other than looking at source code.

The Encyclopedia of Graphics File Formats is how I learned to write the
encoders and decoders. It talks a lot about the theory of image
compression. Likely it would help.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
   My three rules for happy living:  No Windows, No Java, No Perl.