[Image-SIG] trouble using PIL on windows

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej@mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 10:48:45 -0600

 >I'm still looking for volunteers to create an installer that
 >fits right in with the python.org distro... (the linux folks
 >can handle this, you know ;-).  anyone?

Would you want to use WISE? Or jump on the distutils bandwagon?

It wont be hard to simply install the PIL files. This "DLL load failed" =
problem
may be trickier to deal with. Should "import FixTk" be added to Image.py
for windows installations? That seems to fix it for most people. I guess
the bigger question was raised by Cristian Echeverria:

>A question for the SecretLab People: Why _imaging.dll is linked
>to the tcl/tk DLLs ? That means that PIL did t work without tcl/tk?

  --Jeff