[Image-SIG] Pil format fonts use...

Kevin Cazabon KCAZA@cymbolic.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:46:47 -0800

I'm sure it probably is... you just need a font that has the greek symbols that you
need.  Once I get a "system" in place for properly converting these fonts, it
shouldn't be too hard to do.  As I mentioned though, I'm having a few problems, but
they don't seem insurmountable.

The font support in PIL is easy to use, provided that you have the fonts you need
pre-formatted into PIL font format (which is the difficult part... at least for me!)

>>> Les Schaffer <godzilla@netmeg.net> 03/17/00 12:28PM >>>

Thanks for the description of your PIL uses.

Now you __have__ given me an idea: i would love to be able to put TeX
formatted labels on some images. Basically, i'd like to be able to
take a TeX string and place it in an image. The strings will have
usually equations and greek symbols.

is that doable with PIL, your fonts, and some added tools?

les schaffer

Image-SIG maillist  -  Image-SIG@python.org