[Image-SIG] PIL performance issue

kcaza@cymbolic.com kcaza@cymbolic.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 14:46:10 -0700

To do pixel-by-pixel analysis, you may have better luck doing it as a list
instead of reading each pixel with getpixel.  You can use the .tostring()
function to do this.  I believe that this will significantly improve your
performance.

As for the image size... PIL is capable of much higher, so I wouldn't worry
about it.  I've processed single files that are over 1GB in size using PIL...
not the fastest thing in the world, but it worked fine.

Kevin Cazabon.

"Vadim Suvorov" <vsuvorov@cccglobal.com> on 05/20/2000 08:01:49 PM