[Image-SIG] show() and save() glitches (PIL 1.1, Py 2.0b2)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:16:06 +0200

randall wrote:
>      Hit a few stumbles though in doing something simple with the thumbnail
> though.  show() trips on an internal error, and so does save().  Note that
> this is a "huge" 8-bit palettized image (mode P).  It thumbnails fine.  The
> problem is then doing a show() or doing a save() to TIFF on the resulting
> thumbnail.

show() is broken in 1.1 (on Unix, at least).  The _dump method
in Image.py contains a check for "format == PPM"; it should check
for None or PPM.

save() is broken for TIFF files only under 1.6 and 2.0.  To fix this,
add extra parenthesis around the arguments to the three append
calls around line 325 in TiffImagePlugin.py.

We plan to release a new version before the end of this month;
for more information, check the "eff-bot online" at:
http://hem.passagen.se/eff/2000_10_01_bot-archive.htm#1065681

Cheers /F