[Image-SIG] using PIL as a package-PIL doesn't load all ImagePlugins-patch?

Christopher Lee clee@v1.wustl.edu
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 15:16:17 -0500 (CDT)

    William> If I remember from Python documentation, you can put module in
    William> subdirectories, and call it by specifying the path, ie.
    William> import dir.subdir.module See the doc for exact syntax.

Yes, I we're talking about the same thing.  I'm using PIL as a package so
that instead of doing an "import Image" I do "import PIL.Image".  However,
the init() code in Image.py relies upon Image.py being on the python path
in order to find many of the image plugins (eg. PngImagingPlugin.py).  The
few lines of code I added appears to fix this problem.

-chris