[Image-SIG] Porting PIL to Tru64

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:56:12 +0200

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> I have grown soooo sick and tired of xfig I've just got to port Sketch to
> Tru64 UNIX (formerly Digital UNIX, osf1V4 or something like that). :-)
> To do that, I've got to port PIL, I guess, but I'm stuck.

I've used PIL on that platform since long before it was known as
tru64, and we do test all releases on that platform.

> After having set
> setenv PYTHONPATH $HOME/lib/python/site-packages:$HOME/lib/python/site-packages/PIL
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /astro/local/lib:/local/lib:/local/X11R6/lib

looks like you're using a non-standard X11 install (/local/X11R6 is
not where X11 is installed by default).  if that's the case, the only
ones who can help you here are your local sysadms.

(and let's hope they have very good reasons for using a non-standard
X11 install on a tru64 box... ;-)

> ImportError: Unresolved symbol in /astro/local/lib/libtk8.0.so: XGetInputFocus

fwiw, this symbol is usually defined in libX11.a (or libX11.so).

Cheers /F