[Image-SIG] Re: Compiling and installing PIL on HP-UX

Christian Lundh xistan@yahoo.se
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:27:31 +0200 (CEST)

Ok, me again

Seems as if some problems are solved. It showed that
my Python installation wasn't as complete as I thought
it was. After creating a directory
~/lib/python2.1/config and rerunning the python
installation I managed to get a Makefile from
Makefile.pre.in. So far so good.

Regarding problem number 2 below: After doing some
more research on the subject I have realised that this
has nothing to do with python/PIL but is rather a HP
related issue. This error seems to come from a
conflict between stdio.h and unistd.h. The suggested
solution would be to remove any references to stdio.h
and recompile. I don't know if I dare to do that
though. stdio.h is included from Python.h and I don't
feel very good about messing with that file.

So I turn to the readers of this list and ask if you
have a suggestion on how to proceed?

Thanks

/Christian

 --- Christian Lundh <xistan@yahoo.se> wrote: > Hi,