[Image-SIG] Help with ImageMagick-Python

Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:45:20 -0500

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:23:02AM -0500, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:
>I'm definitely interested in this, but haven't had any time to put into it
>yet. I too need an imaging library and PIL currently has too many problems
>for serious use.

Really?  To me PIL is the only contender I can consider, because it
has more features than any of its competitors, and because it's not
too difficult to write C extensions that create new Image objects
(even though this is documented, it wasn't hard to figure out from the
source).  That's why I wrote the SANE and PXC-200 modules, which are
PIL add-ons of a sort; nothing comparable seemed to be possible with
other packages such as the gd module.

Fredrik, you're busy with other things such as PythonWorks.  Is PIL
development still a source of revenue for you?  Have you considered
opening up the process (SourceForge, something similar)?

--amk