[Image-SIG] PIL

Christian Klein chris@schwer.bewaff.net
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:47:59 +0200

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 08:36:21AM +1000, Tom Cameron wrote:
> I have just installed PIL on my machine - FreeBSD4.0 Python1.5.2
>
> It all seemed to go well and I can use the library, but I cant create JPEG
> files. Each time I try I get the following error.
[...]
> Can you suggest why it cant handle jpegs?

Ok, first check the libjpeg paths in Setup.in,
then check libImaging/ImConfig.h for '#define HAVE_LIBJPEG',
default is, as far as I remember, '/* #undef HAVE_LIBJPEG */'
that doesn't mean to link libjpeg!

regards,
Chris
--
to understand recursion, we first must understand recursion.

oder: ob du vorne einkellerst oder hinten einschlangst,
nachher landet doch eh alles in den baeumen.