[Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.2 install problems

Joan Torres torresj@apb.es
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:59:59 +0200 (MET DST)

 Hi everyone,

 I am working on a Sun (solaris 2.8) workstation. I have python2.1 build
 from sources with thinter module, and I try to install Imaging-1.1.2 following the steps :
 1. Build the Imaging core library (libImaging.a)
    cd Imaging-1.1.2/libImaging
    ./configure
    make
    make check (seems to be OK)
 2. Build a dynamically loaded module
    cd ..
    cp Setup.in Setup
    Edit de Setup in order to correct the paths for JPEG, ZLIB libraries
    make -f Makefile.pre.in boot
    make
    During the make process the following errors raise:

gcc -shared  ./_imaging.o ./decode.o ./encode.o ./map.o ./display.o ./outline.o ./path.o  libImaging/libImaging.a -L/opt/sfw/lib -ljpeg -L/usr/lib -lz  -o ./_imaging.so
Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0x148       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
<unknown>                           0x14c       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
<unknown>                           0x150       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
<unknown>                           0x154       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
<unknown>                           0x158       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
<unknown>                           0x15c       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
<unknown>                           0x160       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
<unknown>                           0x2ac       libImaging/libImaging.a(Unpack.o)
deflateInit2_                       0x1a0       libImaging/libImaging.a(ZipEncode.o)
deflate                             0x6a0       libImaging/libImaging.a(ZipEncode.o)
deflate                             0x760       libImaging/libImaging.a(ZipEncode.o)
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `_imaging.so'

 Does anybody know what I am doing wrong !!!!

Thanks in advance,

Joan Torres
Autoritat Portuaria de Barcelona