[Image-SIG] drag and drop boxes.. The Python Imaging Library

Jonathan M. Gilligan jonathan.gilligan@vanderbilt.edu
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:53:37 -0600

You may want to look at wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org) and its Object
Graphics Library (OGL), which is intended for diagramming "network diagrams,
business process modelling, decision trees, visual programming, Petri nets,
OOAD, mindmaps, among many others." You can read the OGL manual at
http://wxwindows.org/contrib/ogl/ogl.htm.

I would also ask whether the world needs another UML tool. Would you do better
to contribute to the open-source ArgoUML at http://www.argouml.org than to
reinvent the wheel in Python? ArgoUML is written in Java and has the benefit
of many years' work already put into it.

>===== Original Message From <abulka@netspace.net.au> =====
>Is there a good library for diagramming - can The Python Imaging Library do
>it?
>E.g. I want to build a UML tool for Python. where I can drag and drop
>boxes....

Jonathan M. Gilligan                  jonathan.gilligan@vanderbilt.edu
The Robert T. Lagemann Assistant Professor       Office:  615-343-6252
                   of Living State Physics       Lab (FEL)    343-7580
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy                   Fax:         343-7263
6823 Stevenson Center
Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN 37235        Dep't Office 322-2828