[Image-SIG] any debian folks here?

Ture Pålsson ture@lysator.liu.se
23 Nov 2001 20:32:34 +0100

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik@pythonware.com> writes:

> the post says:
>
>     python-imaging (python policy, new deps on buggy sane-backends)
>
> what policy?  and why on earth does the imaging distribution *depend*
> on the sane backends?  (should be "may use, but sure doesn't require").

The policy in question is probably the Debian Python Policy, i.e. the
document that describes how a Python-based Debian package is supposed
to behave. However, I cannot find this document except as draft
versions in mailing list archives, and how one is supposed to comply
with a non-existent document is beyond me...

(I hope that last sentence will provoke some Debianite more hard-core
than me to come up with a pointer. :-) )

As for the dependences, you will probably have to ask the package
maintainer about that.

  -- T