[Image-SIG] any debian folks here?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 14:18:15 +0100

simon wrote:

> [...]

careful with the quoting: I wrote that.

what annoys me here is that someone interpreted the debian
statement as if PIL was too buggy to be shipped with a Linux
distribution.

not exactly encouraging.

but since it appears to be a packaging problem, will you fix this?

> The policy is, as I see it, in the stabilizing phase, where we apply it to
> packages to see if there are any unforeseen problems.

if your policy thinks that a package like PIL isn't a valid Python
package, you need a new policy.

</F>