[Image-SIG] PIL and The _imaging C module is not installed

Larry Bates lbates@syscononline.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:21:45 -0500

I have struggled for the last two days trying to figure out why this is not
working properly.  I don't have a clue.

When I run a test application that I have written I get the following error:

The _imaging C module is not installed

When I try to do import _imaging (this was suggested from a message thread that
I located) I get:

ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run this
application cannot be found.

The _imaging.pyd file is in c:\python21\DLLs and that path is in my PYTHONPATH
environment variable.

I downloaded and installed the 1.1.2-20010910 version of PIL and it didn't make
any difference.  I'm complete stumped.

Setup:
ActiveState Python
Windows 98